top of page

Resident Visas

According to your personal circumstances, we can assess, assist, and advise you on the best option for you to obtain residence in New Zealand through various resident visa pathways.

Skilled Migrant Resident Visa

The process of obtaining a resident visa as a skilled migrant can be challenging.  We are here to help you through this entire process.  We can assist with having your overseas qualifications assessed by the New Zealand Qualifications Association so that they are recognised, and your relevant work experience can be considered. 


If you are under 55 years of age, have qualifications, skills, and work experience in a particular industry or profession that is recorded on the Long Term Skills Shortage List, have a job offer, have required English language skills, are of good health and character, we suggest you do a self-assessment by going through the points indicator to see if you qualify.  If you have 160 points or more, we would suggest you complete an Expression of Interest (‘EOI’) which we can do on your behalf.


You are able to include your partner and dependent children as long as they meet the identity, character, health, and English language requirements for this visa.


Once you have been selected from the pool, you would then receive an invitation to apply for residence subject to assessment and credibility of the information you have provided on your EOI.  You will need to apply for residence within four (4) months of receiving the invitation to apply.  For more information click here.  This visa is not for people who are self-employed. 


Entrepreneur Resident Visa

You may wish to apply for an Entrepreneur Resident Visa if you meet all requirements.  Click here for more information.

​Partner of a New Zealander Resident Visa

This visa allows a partner of a New Zealand citizen or resident to live, work and study in New Zealand indefinitely.  You may include dependent children under the age of 24.  Further information is available here.

Parent Retirement Resident Visa

If you have a child who is a New Zealand citizen or resident, you can apply for this visa if you meet the financial requirements.  Click here for more information.

Permanent Resident Visa

This visa allows you to live, work and study indefinitely in New Zealand as well as travel to and from New Zealand anytime.  Your partner and dependent children under the age of 24 can be included only if you included them in your original residence application.  More information is available here.

bottom of page