top of page

Student Visas

This type of visa applies to people who plan to study full-time in New Zealand for more than three months.  There are numerous types of student visas such as fee-paying, dependent child, exchange student, and pathway student, to name a few.  Click here for more information on student visa options.


For example, on a fee-paying student visa, the length of stay can be up to 4 years (usually the same length of time as the course you have paid for).  You can study full-time at primary, intermediate, and secondary schools, tertiary education facilities (usually entered after completing secondary school), and you can undertake English language study with an approved provider.  You may also work part-time up to 20 hours a week while studying, or full-time during educational term-time holidays, depending on the conditions of your visa.  


You can live independently from the age of 16 with parent’s permission; otherwise, you will need to come to New Zealand with a parent or legal guardian.

bottom of page