top of page

Variation of Conditions

You may be able to vary the conditions of your current visa if they no longer suit your situation.  Conditions that may be varied on specific visas are:

Visitor Visa 

You can apply to study part-time for longer than 3 months; take up seasonal work in the horticulture or viticulture industries; or change how often you can travel to another country and return to New Zealand before your visa expires.

Student Visa

You might wish to study a different course, change education provider or be allowed to work.

Work Visa

If you have conditions or rules about your employment, you may be able to apply to change the employer you work for, your occupation, the location of your employment and/or how long you can study while you work.

Resident Visa

If your travel conditions expire while outside New Zealand, in order for you to return to New Zealand, you will need to apply for a variation of travel conditions on your resident visa. The length of time you can extend your travel conditions will depend on your circumstances, and you may need to include evidence to support your application.

Click here for more information on varying the conditions of temporary visas, or here for more information on varying the travel conditions of your resident visa.

bottom of page